Our ELEMENTARY Program!
Leonardo da Vinci was a sculptor, writer, painter, inventor, scientist, engineer, and architect, driven by his passion for learning, his relentless curiosity, and his insistence to experience the world first-hand. The DaVinci Academy, named for this great man, seeks to combine the sciences, technology and the arts to inspire creativity and innovation in all our students, asking our students:
- What are you most fascinated by?
- If you could study anything you wanted, what would it be?
- What would you invent?
The DaVinci Academy began as a high school charter school in 2003 with a mission to develop students who are creative, critical thinking problem solvers prepared for the demands of a changing global society. In the past decade, our educational program, focused on science and the arts, has continued to grow, and has now expanded to include an elementary program.
Chartered to add our elementary in 2010, we have dedicated ourselves to developing an elementary experience focused on math, reading and writing immersed in the science and arts. This Fall, we will be expanding our elementary to include seven multi-age classes from Kindergarten to 6th grade. Our small classes of 15-24 students will ensure each student has an individualized experience as they, too, become the inventors, artists, and geniuses of their generation.
At Davinci Academy Elementary, your child will...
- Meet with their Student Support Team of parent, teacher, student to consider ability, disposition and placement
- Learn in grade level rotations for core subjects to optimize student growth
- Apply core learning in afternoon special rotations that include: Music, 2D Visual Art, Film and Photography, Ceramics, Gym, Theater, Writers Workshop and Science Lab.
- Participate in monthly field trips around the Ogden community to practice learning outside of the classroom as they experience the world first-had.
- Learn from invited guest speakers and field experts who come in and share their unique jobs and talents that relate to science and the arts.
- Work with peer tutors from the DaVinci High School who are interested in the teaching field as a possible career path.
- Work with buddy classrooms from the high school on science experiments and projects.
- Partner with Secondary Buddies to explore, investigate and develop science experiments and art projects.
- Learn social and study skills that will prepare them for future schooling and life experiences.
Elementary Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 8:15 to 3:15, Fridays from 8:15 to 1:00
Kindergarten: Monday thru Friday: 8:15 to 11:15
Looking for an education that puts your family first? DaVinci Academy has partnered with Harmony Educational Services, to provide a family-centered education through proven online curriculum, independent learning programs and onsite school programs.
Together, with Harmony, DaVinci is blazing the trail to the future of education- a hybrid of independent and school-based instruction, pairing family-centered learning with certified instruction:
- Family-centered The DaVinci-harmony partnership provides an educational hybrid for our families: in-seat time at DaVinci for instruction and mentoring, and family learning at home for value-based education and academic applications.
- Cutting-edge Education Our educational approach gives your family support on-site to work with trained mentors and at home as parents work holistically to develop your student as they prepare for college.
- School Resources DaVinci Academy has built a tremendous facility for academic learning. From our gym, to our black box theater, to our science labs, even our location in the heart of Downtown Ogden, only two blocks from the Frontrunner Station. We provide all our students excellent resources needed for individualized learning in the sciences and the arts!
Our certified teachers work with Harmony mentors and parents to provide the most synergistic style of learning for students through our three elementary programs: Independent Learning, 3-day Multi-aged Program (MAP), and Options Day.
For More Information: