This unique program is a hybrid between homeschool and public school, meaning students work on the curriculum at home and they also receive on-site instruction up to a day and a half a week.
- The main on-site day is called "Davinci Day" and it is a full day of school. During this time, students receive instruction in the areas of History, Science, P.E., and various elective classes.
- The half day is called, "Specials Day". Students choose from a variety of specialty elective classes during a 3 hour block which is either in the morning or afternoon.
- For the at-home instruction, families will choose a Math and Language Arts curriculum from our options for Davinci to purchase for them. Families have 30 days to determine that this curriculum is a good fit for their family. Many curriculum options are available and are listed under the “Current Families” tab --> Curriculum.
- Davinci also offers many supplemental resources available through the resource library. Students are also welcome to check out a laptop for the school year.
- Our program contracts with companies so students can attend Davinci specific group lessons. We pay tuition for up to 2 classes per semester per child. You can find our vendor’s information here: http://www.davinciacademy.org/2/Content2/322
- A variety of educational field trips are offered multiple times a month at a discounted price for parents to attend with their children. The entire family is welcome! Big events are also scheduled throughout the year that will allow our families time to get to know each other and build a sense of community.
- Each family is assigned an educational specialist (ES) who is a certified teacher. Davinci is a public charter school, so meeting with the ES and monitoring students’ progress (benchmarking) are two requirements in maintaining educational funding.
- Students are benchmarked through an online assessment three times a year, and the results are viewed only by family members and the ES. Students’ grades include curriculum progression, monthly meetings, and progress toward benchmarks.
- Students will attend our “Davinci Day” twice a week. This hands-on day has History, Science, Math, Discovery Learning (a specialty units based class), Skills for Success\CTE, and Writing.
- Classes are held:
- Ogden: Monday/Wednesday 9:00 AM-3:30 PM
- Kaysville: Tuesday/Thursday 9:00 AM-3:30 PM
- Families will be responsible for teaching reading standards at home and will be purchased a curriculum of their choice from our menu of options.
- Once a month students will have a middle school meet-up where students will be dropped off with our middle school team to experience a variety of physical education experiences such as hiking, archery, ice skating, ropes course, etc...
- Middle School students are also allowed to take community outsourcing classes, participate in school events and field trips.
We do enroll all throughout the year and it is a lottery based enrollment. Prior to being accepted you must do the following three things:
If you still have questions, please sign up for a tour or feel free to reach out to one of our family support team members, Chelsea Whitby at email@example.com .